How to take apart Steelcase cubicle walls: Steelcase cubicle walls can be a great way to create privacy in an open office space, but they can also be a pain to take apart when you need to move them. In this guide, we’ll show you how to remove cubicle walls in a step-by-step manner.
- A step-by-step guide to taking apart Steelcase cubicle walls
- How to remove cubicle walls: More tips
- Final thoughts
A step-by-step guide to taking apart Steelcase cubicle walls
Whether you’re looking to upgrade your office space or simply need to make some repairs, knowing how to take apart Steelcase cubicle walls can be a helpful skill to have. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it:
- Start by removing the cap from the end of the wall. You can do this by gently prying it off with a screwdriver or other flat object.
- Once the cap is off, you’ll be able to see the end of the wall panels. These can be removed by unscrewing the screws that hold them in place.
- Once the panels are removed, you’ll be able to see the metal frame of the wall. This can be taken apart by unscrewing the bolts that hold it together.
- Once the frame is removed, you can now take apart the individual Steelcase walls. These can be removed by simply pulling them apart at the seams.
- And that’s it!
Also Read: How to disassemble a steelcase desk?
Materials you need to take apart Steelcase cubicle walls
If you’re planning on taking apart your cubicle walls or want to know “how to disassemble cubicle walls”, continue reading. You’ll need a few tools and materials to do the processes.
First, you’ll need a drill and some drill bits. You’ll also need a screwdriver, a hammer, and a pry bar.
You’ll also need some replacement materials, like drywall and wood screws. And, of course, you’ll need a measuring tape to make sure everything is cut to the right size.
Disassembling your cubicle walls can be a bit of a project, but it’s definitely doable if you have the right tools and materials. So, gather up what you need and get to work!
How to disassemble cubicle walls? Remove the cap first
First, you’ll need to find the end cap of the wall. It’s usually located at the very end of the wall, near the floor. Once you’ve found it, use a screwdriver or a similar tool to pry it off.
Once the end cap is off, you should be able to see the screws that hold the wall together. Start by removing the screws at the top of the wall. Then, slowly start to take the wall apart, working your way down.
Once the wall is taken apart, you’ll be able to remove the cubicle panels and any other components. To put the wall back together, simply follow the steps in reverse.
Remove the wall panels
After removing the cap from the end of the wall, you’ll need to remove the wall panel from your Steelcase walls. To do this, follow my steps:
- Start by removing the top panel. This will give you access to the screws that hold the other panels in place.
- If you have a metal frame cubicle, use a screwdriver to remove the screws that hold the panels in place.
- If you have a fabric panel cubicle, you may be able to simply pull the panels off. Start with the top panel and then work your way down.
- Be careful not to damage the walls or the panels as you are removing them.
With a little bit of effort, you should be able to remove your wall panels and breathe new life into your cubicle space!
How to remove cubicle walls: Take apart the metal frame
How to remove cubicle walls? There are a few different ways to take apart the metal frame to remove the walls.
- The first way is to unscrew the frame from the wall. This can be done by removing the screws that hold the frame in place.
- Another way to take apart the frame is to use a pry bar to pry the frame away from the wall. This can be done by inserting the pry bar between the frame and the wall and then pushing or pulling on the pry bar to separate the two.
You’re now able to take apart the individual walls.
Putting the wall back together
To re-install everything, you need to reverse the steps that you have followed to take apart the cubicle walls. In short:
- Re-install the panels on your walls. Start with the bottom panels and work your way up. Make sure all the panels are securely attached to the frame.
- Once all the panels are in place, you can re-attach any support beams or other pieces that you removed earlier.
That’s it! Your walls are now ready to use.
How to remove cubicle walls: More tips
Previously I have shown you the easy and quickest way to take apart Steelcase cubicle walls. But, what will you do if you have to remove the shelving or desks? Now I’ll tell you how you can take apart those things from your walls.
Remove the shelving on Steelcase cubicle walls
If you’re looking to remove shelving from your Steelcase cubicle walls, there are a few things you’ll need to do. First, you’ll need to remove the screws that hold the shelving in place. Next, you’ll need to remove the brackets that support the shelving. Finally, you’ll need to remove the shelving itself. With a few simple tools, you should be able to remove the shelving from your Steelcase walls in no time.
Taking apart desks from cubicle walls
Removing desks from Steelcase walls can be a bit tricky, but with the right tools and a little know-how, it can be done relatively easily.
First, you will need to gather the following tools: a power drill, a screwdriver, and a hammer.
Next, locate the screws that are holding the desk to the wall. Use the power drill to remove the screws, and then carefully remove the desk from the wall.
If the desk is particularly tricky to remove, you may need to use the screwdriver and hammer to loosen the screws and then pry the desk away from the wall. Be careful not to damage the wall or the desk during this process.
Once the desk is loosened and removed from the wall, you can then proceed to disassemble it, if necessary. To do this, simply remove the screws that hold the desk together. With the screws removed, the desk should easily come apart.
And that’s it! With a little effort, you should be able to remove desks from walls with no problem.
To re-install the desks, start by attaching the shelves to the wall. Once the shelves are in place, attach the desks to the shelves. Make sure that the desks are securely in place so that they don’t fall off.
And that’s it! With your new shelving and desks in place, you’re ready to get to work.
I have shown you a step-by-step guide on how to take apart Steelcase cubicle walls and re-installing them back. Before removing cubicle walls must disconnect the power. In short:
- Disconnect the power
- Remove the cap
- Removing the wall panels
- Take apart the metal frame
- Take apart the individual walls